Radio Broadcasting & Music Management
QQI Level 5 - Radio Production 5M4511
This is a 1 year, full time programme designed for those wishing to pursue a career in Radio Broadcasting and/or Music Management. The programme offers learners the opportunity to develop the knowledge and skills to do this effectively.
- Radio Programme Production
- Media Analysis & Research Skills
- Sound Engineering and Production
- Presentation Skills/Communications
- Music Industry Studies
- Health & Safety at work
- Desktop Publishing/Image Processing
- Libel & Defamation
- Word Processing
- Event Production
- Work Experience*
* Work Experience is an integral part of this programme. Learners must obtain practical work experience, preferably in Radio, Sound Engineering industry or Communications industries in order to acquire the full qualification
- Applicants must have Leaving Certificate, LCA or equivalent.
- Holders of a QQI Level 4 Award are also eligible to apply.
- Mature learners (over 23) may be exempt from the above academic requirements.
- In addition applicants will have to undertake an interview.
- Radio/TV; Event Management; Broadcasting/Production; PR; Sound Engineering; Journalism (Music Critic); Music Management.
- This Media programme has direct entry arrangements with Mary Immaculate College, Limerick, Limerick Institute of Technology (LIT) and Tralee Institute of Technology. LCFE graduates have successfully secured places in these institutions.
- Award holders may apply for a place on the Advanced Certificate in Media/Radio Level 6 programme at LCFE.
- Institutes of Technology and other Colleges around the country may be offering opportunities for further studies. Please check with the individual Admissions Offices of any institution you are interested in attending or access: