Hairdressing Diploma with Cosmetic Studies
QQI/FETAC Level 5 Hairdressing 5M3351
Department of Education & Science - Irish Senior Trade Examinations in Hairdressing (IST) **
**Holders of this Diploma may add credits to their Diploma afterwards, thus buiding on it to a higher level, which has worldwide recognition.
This two year fulltime programme is designed for those who wish to obtain a national and international recognised
qualification in Hairdressing. Training is carried out in a fully-equipped salon designed to simulate an actual
salon where learners obtain hands-on practical experience. At the end of year 1 learner’s sit QQI/FETAC Level
5 examinations, candidates who have completed first year successfully can further progress into second year. At the
end of year 2 learners sit Senior Trades L6 Examination. Work Experience is mandatory in both years and takes place in the Salon Industry.
- Hairdressing Practical
- Hairdressing Theory
- Hairdressing Science
- Skin Care, Eye Treatments and Make-Up
- Customer Services
- Internet & e-mail
- Interpersonal Skills
- Health & Safety
- Work Experience*
* Work Experience - Learners will be required to secure work experience in a modern salon as an integral part of the programme.
- Applicants must have Leaving Certificate, LCA or equivalent.
- Holders of a QQI/FETAC Level 4 Award are also eligible to apply.
- Mature learners (over 23) may be exempt from the above academic requirements.
- In addition applicants will have to undertake an interview.
Those that successfully complete the programme are qualified to enter the industry as Improvers or Senior Improvers.
The IST qualification, combined with four years’ relevant industrial experience, is a recognised Hairdressing teaching qualification.
Institutes of Technology and other Colleges around the country may be offering opportunities for further studies. Please check with the individual Admissions Offices of any institution you are interested in attending visit www.fetac.ie