The College has had productive relationships with employers and other bodies in Limerick for many years. We seek now to build on this and to increase our employer network. A key pillar of the SOLAS Strategy 2014-2019 is Employer Engagement. An Employer Engagement Strategy is soon to be released by the FET Division of the ETB. LCFE have been involved in the development of this strategy.
The College engages with the FET Division of the ETB on employer engagement which is represented on the recently set up Regional Skills Fora. The College has appointed an Employer Engagement Officer and have set up an Employer Engagement Office.
The key functions of this office are:
• Setting up and maintaining an Employer Database for the region
• Maintaining strong relationships with existing employers
• Marketing and promoting the College to new and existing employers
• Managing Work Experience of Learners
• Carrying out research on jobs/skills market
• Liaising with management and teaching staff on course development
• Researching government policy on this area (eg Action Plan for Jobs)
• Advising learners on CV writing, interviews and recruitment
• Managing the job placement service in the College