Advanced Certificate in Early Childhood Care & Education with Special Needs (QQI Level 6) | ACSN
This 1 year, full-time programme is the progression from the Certificate in Early Childhood Care & Education, Level 5. It is placed at Advanced Level Certificate level on the National Framework of Qualifications. This programme will give the skills and knowledge to learners for the opportunity to progress to managerial positions in a Childcare setting.
Apply for this Course
Early Childhood Curriculum
Childhood Social, Legal & Health Studies
Personal and Professional Development
Early Childhood Arts and Culture
Special Needs Assisting
- Applicants must hold a QQI Level 5 Award in the chosen area.
- Mature learners (over 23) may be exempt from the above academic requirements.
- In addition applicants will have to undertake an interview.
- Award holders are qualified to work in a supervisory capacity in a variety of childcare settings.
- Award holders may apply for advanced entry to Year 2 of the BA (Early Childhood Care and Education) at Mary Immaculate College, Year 2 of the BA (Early Childhood Studies) at UCC and BA (Early Childhood Care – Education) at the I.T., Tralee.
- Award holders may apply to other Institutes of Technology and Colleges for further studies.