Advanced Certificate in Early Childhood Care & Education with Special Needs (QQI Level 6) | ACSN
This 1 year, full-time programme is the progression from the Certificate in Early Childhood Care & Education, Level 5. This course will give the skills and knowledge to learners for the opportunity to progress to managerial positions in a Childcare setting.
Apply for this Course
Early Childhood Curriculum
Childhood Social, Legal & Health Studies
Early Childhood Arts and Culture
Special Needs Assisting
- Applicants must hold a QQI Level 5 Award in the chosen area.
- Mature learners (over 23) may be exempt from the above academic requirements.
- In addition applicants will have to undertake an interview.
- Award holders are qualified to work in a supervisory capacity in a variety of childcare settings.
- Award holders may apply for advanced entry to Year 2 of the BA (Early Childhood Care and Education) at Mary Immaculate College, Year 2 of the BA (Early Childhood Studies) at UCC and BA (Early Childhood Care – Education) at the I.T., Tralee.
- Award holders may apply to other Institutes of Technology and Colleges for further studies.