Advanced Certificate in Media Production/Radio (QQI Level 6) | ARXX
This top-up, 1 year full-time programme equips learners with advanced media training in the areas of radio, sound and documentary production. Work-based learning is a specific requirement of this programme. Participants gain on air experience in the College’s broadcast media centre which provides them with “real-world” education in sync with the requirements of the radio and media industries.
Apply for this Course
Media Ethics & Legal Framework
Broadcasting Presentation Skills
Radio Documentary Production
Work Practice / Experience
Editing & Sub-editing
Sound Engineering & Music Technology
- Applicants must hold a QQI Level 5 Award in the chosen area.
- Mature learners (over 23) may be exempt from the above academic requirements.
- In addition applicants will have to undertake an interview.
- Award holders will have acquired requisite knowledge and skills for employment in radio and other areas of the media industry.
- Institutes of Technology and other Colleges around the country may be offering opportunities for further studies. This Media Programme has a direct entry arrangement with Mary Immaculate College Limerick as well as an advanced entry agreement into year 2 of the BA Media Programme at IT Tralee. Please check with the individual Admissions Offices of any institution you are interested in attending or visit www.qqi.ie