Applied Social Studies | APSS
This 1 year, full-time foundation programme is for learners who wish to develop an understanding of various aspects of social issues in our community today. It will equip learners to find employment in a social care setting or to progress to Higher Education.
Apply for this Course
Equality and Disability
Occupational First Aid
Human Growth and Development
• Applicants must have Leaving Certificate, LCA or equivalent.
• Holders of a QQI Level 4 Award are also eligible to apply.
• Mature learners (over 23) may be exempt from the above academic requirements.
• In addition applicants will have to undertake an interview.
• Award holders are qualified to work as professional carers in social, health or community environments.
• Universities, Institutes of Technology and other Colleges will be offering opportunities for further studies. Please check with the individual Admissions Offices of any institution you are interested in attending or visit www.cao.ie.