Broadcast Journalism & Media Studies | BJMS
This 1 year, full-time programme provides an introduction to all aspects of radio broadcasting and journalism. The broadcasting industry is an exciting one, attracting people who are confident communicators with an interest in pursuing a career that is both varied and interesting. The College has made a significant investment in equipping two state-of-theart radio studios, resulting in a particularly well-resourced programme
Apply for this Course
Research Skills for Journalism
Technical Skills for Journalism
Image Processing/Desktop Publishing (InDesign)
- Applicants must have Leaving Certificate, LCA or equivalent.
- Holders of a QQI Level 4 Award are also eligible to apply.
- Mature learners (over 23) may be exempt from the above academic requirements.
- In addition applicants will have to undertake an interview.
- Radio Presenters; Editorial Journalists; Reporters; Correspondents; Political Analysts; News Analysts; Weather Analysts; Public Administration; Government Agencies; Event Managers; Public Relations; Award holders may apply for a place on the Advanced Certificate in Media / Radio Level 6 programme in LCFE
- This Media programme has direct entry arrangements with Mary Immaculate College, Limerick, Limerick Institute of Technology (LIT) and Tralee Institute of Technology.
- Institutes of Technology and other Colleges around the country may be offering opportunities for further studies. Please check with the individual Admissions Offices of any institution you are interested in attending or visit www.qqi.ie