Construction Technology | CTCC
Demonstrate a broad range of knowledge of the skills, tools, technology and techniques used within the construction industry. Demonstrate an understanding of construction details and safety and health in the construction workplace. Utilise a range of skills and safely produce construction details using a wide range of portable and hand tools. Apply current building regulations and safety and health regulations to specific construction related projects. Analyse and execute basis construction briefs while employing appropriate strategies and materials. Exercise and direct initiative in the construction environment. Take responsibility for own learning in a structured context.
Apply for this Course
Safety and Health at Work
- Applicants must have Leaving Certificate, LCA or equivalent.
- Holders of a QQI Level 4 Award are also eligible to apply.
- Mature learners (over 23) may be exempt from the above academic requirements.
- In addition applicants will have to undertake an interview.
- This course is designed for Learners who have completed a Leaving Certificate /Applied or equivalent and are interested in pursuing careers in the Building Industry as trainee Draughtspersons in Architectural offices, Local Authorities offices, Building Construction Companies or large commercial firms, or for those seeking opportunities for selfemployment in Building Maintenance, D.I.Y. Sales and Building Supplies. It also allows successful Learners the opportunity to progress into related Third Level certificate courses in the Institutes of Technology.