Early Childhood Care & Education | ECCC
This 1 year full-time course gives learners the opportunity to demonstrate a broad range of knowledge related to the learning, wellbeing and development of children and their identities in the field of Early Childhood Care and Education. Demonstrate knowledge of some theoretical concepts an abstract thinking pertinent to ECCE practice in include child protection, with significant depth in certain areas. Demonstrate an broad range of practice, interpersonal, reflective and pedagogical skills in providing for the holistic needs of babies and young children at group and individual level. Exercise judgement in selecting appropriate procedural responses to routine, varied and unfamiliar situations and challenges within an ECCE setting.
Apply for this Course
Early Care and Education Practice
Early Childhood Education and Play
Child Health & Well Being
Special Needs Assisting
Safety & Health at Work
- Applicants must have Leaving Certificate, LCA or equivalent.
- Holders of a QQI Level 4 Award are also eligible to apply.
- Mature learners (over 23) may be exempt from the above academic requirements.
- In addition applicants will have to undertake an interview.
- Award Holders are qualified to work in a variety of settings including Creches, Pre-schools, Childminding and Special Needs Assistant.
- Holders may progress to Level 6 Childcare with After-school provision at LC FE or other Colleges
- Institutes of Technology and other Colleges around the country will be offering opportunities for further studies. Please check with the individual Admissions Offices of any institution you are interested in attending or visit www.cao.ie.