Emergency Care Personnel | ECPX
Emergency Services Training Institute (ESTI) - Fire Safety
PHECC (Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council)
This 1 year, full-time programme is an introduction to those who wish to progress on to paramedics, either in the Fire or Ambulance Services. Learners who successfully complete this programme will gain essential knowledge and skills in areas relevant to these careers. This programme will improve the chances of recruitment in either the Fire or Ambulance Service. This programme is also suitable for adults seeking qualifications to return to the workforce, as Nursing Studies, Level 5, is included in this programme.
Apply for this Course
Safety & Health at Work
Occupational First Aid
Human Growth & Development
- Applicants must have Leaving Certificate, LCA or equivalent.
- Holders of a QQI Level 4 Award are also eligible to apply.
- Mature learners (over 23) may be exempt from the above academic requirements.
- In addition applicants will have to undertake an interview.
The programme design is vocational in nature.
- Those who succeed in obtaining all the certification listed above will be eligible to apply for various positions in the Emergency Services.
- Award holders are qualified to work as professional careers in social, health or community care environments.
- Universities, Institutes of Technology and other Colleges will be offering opportunities for further studies. Please check with the individual Admissions Offices of any institution you are interested in attending or visit www.qqi.ie