Engineering Technology | ETCC
Demonstrate a broad range of knowledge related to preparation, construction and application of engineering components, relevant to current technology. Demonstrate knowledge of theoretical concepts related to engineering technology in the context of design, construction, installation and maintenance with significant depth in certain areas. Demonstrate a broad range of techniques and site procedures currently utilised in the engineering sector to include safe use of hand tools, power tools and test equipment. Exercise judgment in selecting appropriate materials and production methodologies in relation to stakeholders needs. Apply knowledge and skills within a workshop and site environment, while engaging with a range of varied contexts relevant to engineering. Exercise some initiatives in an engineering environment while recognising the importance of teamwork and cooperation with all stakeholders.
Apply for this Course
Engineering Workshop Theory
- Applicants must have Leaving Certificate, LCA or equivalent.
- Holders of a QQI Level 4 Award are also eligible to apply.
- Mature learners (over 23) may be exempt from the above academic requirements.
- In addition applicants will have to undertake an interview.
- Careers for engineers exist across all industry sectors. The list below provides just some examples of areas and types of career opportunities that exist for qualified engineers.
- Medical science and pharmaceutical
- Waste management
- Learners can also progress from this course to Institutes of Technology through the Higher Education Links Scheme on obtaining a full award.