Fashion Design & Retail Studies | FDRX
This comprehensive 1 year course is designed as an introductory training programme for the fashion industry for those with an interest in fashion who may wish to develop retail skills. The course incorporates a Work Experience programme and there is a strong focus on applying knowledge practically to promote marketable product lines. A Fashion Portfolio is also produced during the year, essential for those wishing to progress their studies. The Fashion Department teams are all specialists in their subject area and help to facilitate the learner to identify and achieve their full creative potential.
Apply for this Course
Fashion Industry and Design Studies
- Applicants must have Leaving Certificate, LCA or equivalent.
- Holders of a QQI Level 4 Award are also eligible to apply.
- Mature learners (over 23) may be exempt from the above academic requirements.
- Places on the programme are limited and will be allocated on the basis of a personal interview and a selection of applicant’s own work. N.B. Applicants are advised to bring samples of their work to the interview.
- Generally, graduates may find employment in all areas of design such as Fashion and Costume e.g. Fashion Buyers, Visual Merchandising Artists, Trend Forecasters, Personal Shoppers, Retail Managers, Advertising, Window Display Artists, etc.
- Institutes of Technology and other Colleges in this country and abroad offer opportunities for further studies. Please check with the individual Admissions Offices of any institution you are interested in attending or visit www.qqi.ie
- At time of going to press LCFE learners who complete 5M3865 QQI level 5 Fashion Design award, may progress to first year of the HC in Fashion Knitwear and Textiles at LSAD. LCFE learners may also avail of additional points as per Bonus Points Local Agreement with LIT for admission to this programme.