Fashion Design & Textile Studies | FDTX
City & Guilds 7160/7161 Level 2 Certificate in Creative Techniques Fashion/Textiles
The aim of this 1 year full-time programme is to provide learners with a comprehensive introduction to all aspects of the modern fashion trade. There is a strong focus throughout the programme on applying knowledge and skills practically to produce real results. Work placement gives our learners an opportunity to enhance their career prospects within the Fashion Industry. A Fashion portfolio which reflects the learner’s ability to deliver creative and original responses is prepared.
Apply for this Course
- Applicants must have Leaving Certificate, LCA or equivalent.
- Holders of a QQI Level 4 Award are also eligible to apply.
- Mature learners (over 23) may be exempt from the above academic requirements.
- Places on the programme are limited and will be allocated on the basis of a personal interview and a selection of applicant’s own work. N.B. Applicants are advised to bring samples of their work to the interview.
- Freelance Fashion Design, Pattern Cutting, Garment Manufacturing/ Alterations, Self-employment, Costume Design for Theatre and Film, Fashion Retail,
- Successful learners may be interested in directly applying to Colleges of Art & Design for a place on their Degree programme.
- Institutes of Technology and other Colleges around the country offer opportunities for further studies. Please check with the individual Admissions Offices of any institution you are interested in attending or visit www.qqi.ie
- At time of going to press LCFE learners who complete 5M3865 QQI level 5 Fashion Design award, may progress to first year of the HC in Fashion Knitwear and Textiles at LSAD. LCFE learners may also avail of additional points as per Bonus Points Local Agreement with LIT for admission to this programme.