Multimedia Animation and Game Design | MAXX
This course provides learners with the opportunity to train for a career in Multimedia Design, whether Print-based, Digital, or Web Development. Multimedia is the electronic manipulation of text, video, sound and imagery. This course specifically gives learners a practical understanding of current and future multimedia developments, applications and technology. It also enables learners to develop their creativity. Learners learn how to develop websites, create digital publishing apps for iPad, video projects, 2D and 3D game projects and animations. Multimedia Production learners will also have access to the College’s new Apple iMac computer room equipped with the latest software and hardware.
Apply for this Course
Multimedia Project Development
Games Analysis Design
- Applicants must have Leaving Certificate, LCA or equivalent.
- Holders of a QQI Level 4 Award are also eligible to apply.
- Mature learners (over 23) may be exempt from the above academic requirements.
- In addition applicants will have to undertake an interview.
- This course will also be relevant to those interested in pursuing a career in digital media production. Opportunities include web design, digital video, graphic design, advertising, game design or multimedia production.
- It also provides foundation skills for further study in Multimedia, Digital Media, Game Design, and Audio/Visual Studies.
- Having completed this programme, learners may progress to QQI Level 6 6M5132 Advanced Multimedia and Web Development in LCFE
- This course has Links to Year 1. LC517 Creative Multimedia – BSc (Honours Degree LIT), or Tralee Institute of Technology for Bachelor of Arts (Hons.) Design in Interactive Multimedia.
- Institutes of Technology and other Colleges around the country may be offering opportunities for further studies. Please check with the individual Admissions Offices of any institution you are interested in attending or visit www.qqi.ie