Nursing Studies (Pre-Nursing)(Mornings Only) | NCSS
This 1 year, full-time programme gives learners the opportunity to demonstrate a broad range of knowledge relating to the role, responsibility care and wellbeing of clients within the whole lifespan and in a variety of care settings. Demonstrate a knowledge of theoretical concepts and abstract thinking pertaining to nursing practice with significant depth in certain areas. Demonstrate a broad range of practice, research, interpersonal and caring skills in order to provide holistic care to a wide range of client groups in a range of care settings.
Apply for this Course
Anatomy and Physiology
Nursing theory Practice
Infection Prevention and Control
Care of the Older Person
Safety and Health at Work
- Applicants must have Leaving Certificate, LCA or equivalent.
- Holders of a QQI Level 4 Award are also eligible to apply.
- Mature learners (over 23) may be exempt from the above academic requirements.
- In addition applicants will have to undertake an interview.
- Holders of this Award are eligible to apply, through the CAO to Universities and Institute of Technology for entry to the first year of Nursing Studies Degree Programmes (through the QQI Higher Education Links Scheme).
- Holders of this Award are eligible to apply through UCAS, for UK universities offering the Nursing Degree programmes.
- An Award holder is qualified to work as a healthcare professional/nursing attendant in a variety of Health and Community settings.