Pre Physiotherapy/Sports Therapy | PSTX
QQI Level 6 in Sport, Recreation and Exercise 6M5147
This 1 year full time programme gives learners the opportunity to progress sports injury management, assessment and treatment skills and will appeal to those who are interested in a career in Physiotherapy or Sports Therapy disciplines. A wide variety of components will expose the learner to a diverse range of practical than theoretical topics that will be essential to future studies at higher education level and the workplace. The ITEC Level 4 Certificate in Sports Massage Therapy is an internationally recognised award that allows learners to obtain professional indemnity insurance and practice as a sports therapist on programme completion. The QQI award is recognised as an admission requirement for many Physiotherapy programmes in Europe as well as providing a pathway for higher education in Ireland in various related areas.
Apply for this Course
Soft Tissue Repair & Injury Assessment
Sports Industry Practice
Exercise & Fitness
Work Experience (in an approved Physiotherapy Assistant Practice and Theory Physiotherapy/Sports Therapy Setting)
- Applicants must hold a QQI Level 5 Award in a chosen area.
- An award in Sports massage therapy (ITEC Level 3 or equivalent) or Body Massage is desirable.
- Mature learners (over 23) may be exempt from the above academic requirements.
- In addition, applicant will have to undertake an interview.
- Progression onto a number of Physiotherapy degree programmes in Europe (English taught) eg Dutch Universities of Applied Science. Please check with the individual Admissions Officers of an institution you are interested in attending or visit www.eunicas.com.
- Progression to other programmes in third level sectors in the area as Sports and Recreation, Sports Strength and Conditioning, Exercise and Health, Nutrition and exercise and Sports Rehabilitation and Athletic Therapy. Please check with the individual offices in any institution you are interested in attending or visit www.qqi.ie
- Sports Injury Clinics
- Sports Massage Therapist with Sports teams and organisations
- Sports massage Therapists at Health/Physiotherapy clinics
- Cruise Liners