Print Journalism | PJXX
This programme is ideal for any aspiring journalist. Learners will be prepared to enter the journalistic world and will gain essential news gathering, writing and reporting skills. This 1 year, full-time programme will include an introduction to legal, ethical and political issues connected with news and current affairs journalism.
Apply for this Course
Radio Programme Production
Research Skills for Journalism
Technical Skills for Journalism
Legal Practice and Procedures/Business Law
Image Processing/Desktop Publishing
Political Studies/Current Affairs
- Applicants must have Leaving Certificate, LCA or equivalent.
- Holders of a QQI Level 4 Award are also eligible to apply.
- Mature learners (over 23) may be exempt from the above academic requirements.
- In addition applicants will have to undertake an interview.
- Newspapers, magazines, journals, radio stations or TV journalism
- This Media programme has direct entry arrangements with Mary Immaculate College, Limerick, Limerick Institute of Technology (LIT) and Tralee Institute of Technology. LCFE graduates have successfully secured places in these institutions. Award holders may apply for a place on the Advanced Certificate in Media / Radio Level 6 programme in LCFE
- Institutes of Technology and other Colleges around the country may be offering opportunities for further studies. Please check with the individual Admissions Offices of any institution you are interested in attending or visit www.qqi.ie