Sports Injury Management (with Community Health Services) | SIMX
QQI Level 5 Community Health Services 5M4468
This 1 year, full-time programme gives learners the opportunity to pursue careers in the Sports Industry as Sports Massage Therapists. The Level 3 ITEC Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy is an internationally recognised award that allows learners to obtain professional indemnity insurance and practice Sports Massage on course completion. The QQI Award provides a pathway for learners to progress to higher education in the areas of Sports Rehabilitation, Health and Leisure with Massage and Exercise and Health. This QQI Award also allows progression to the Pre-Physiotherapy/Sports Therapy course at LCFE. There are a combination of practical and theoretical modules that allow for an interesting and varied years activity. Learners are actively encouraged to secure work experience in this area.
Apply for this Course
Anatomy and Physiology
Exercise and Fitness
Taping and Strapping for Athletic Injuries
- Applicants must have Leaving Certificate, LCA or equivalent.
- Holders of a QQI Level 4 Award are also eligible to apply.
- Mature learners (over 23) may be exempt from the above academic requirements.
- In addition applicants will have to undertake an interview.
- Pre-Physiotherapy/Sports Therapy LCFE
- Sports Injury Clinics
- Health Clinics
- Sports Clubs
- Self employment
- Cruise Liners
- Progression to other courses in third level sectors in the area of sports Rehabilitation, Sports and Recreation, Sports Science, Athletic Training, Exercise and Health. Please check with the individual Admissions Offices of any institution you are interested in attending or visit www.cao.ie
- Institutes of Technology and other Colleges around the country may be offering opportunities for further studies. Please check with the Individual Admissions Offices of any institution you are interested in attending or visit www.cao.ie
- BSC Psychology at WIT
- BSC Sports Strength and Conditioning at LIT