Barbering Certificate(City & Guilds) | BH016 (12 weeks)
To gain the skills you need to work in a hairdressing or barber shop –this award covers a wide range of skills from shampooing, cutting, and styling. A Barbering NVQ is for anyone who is serious about a barbering career. There are options to suit individual needs and aspirations.
See guidelines for models under Hair, Beauty & Holistic Course Guidelines on p10.Apply for this Course
- Make sure your own actions reduce risks to health and safety
- Advise and consult with clients
- Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
- Cut hair using basic techniques.
- Develop and maintain your effectiveness at work
- Fulﬁl salon reception duties
- Health and Safety considerations in
Introduction to Barbering (or equivalent) is recommended for this course.
A separate exam fee is payable to City and Guilds.
On completion of the health and safety element, learners will also receive a Level 2 Certificate in “Follow health and safety practice in the salon”