Basic Cake Decorating Skills/ Fondant Modelling | HL006 (10 weeks)
This course is suitable for individuals with little or no previous knowledge and want to develop their creative cake decorating skills using fondant. Learn how to add the personal touch to special celebrations and save money on your show stopping cakes.Apply for this Course
- Introduction to working with fondant – what tools and materials to use. How fondant reacts in different environments. Basic do’s and don’t’s of cake decorating.
- Rolling fondant and covering cake and cake boards, adding texture to ﬂat surface
- Adding colour using gels, lustre dusts
- Techniques for stacking cakes
- Different techniques for modelling, moulding cutting and joining basic shapes to create ﬁgures, boxes, shoes etc.
- Basic design skills to create beautiful cakes
This course may take place at the Further Education and Training Centre Kilmallock Road Campus, Limerick or LEDP Roxboro Childers Road, Limerick