Blacksmithing (Part-Time Evening)| CAP001 (8 weeks)
This course is aimed at individuals who have an interest in Ironcraft and using a Forge.
No prior experience is required as our master craftsman takes the learner through every stage of forging iron.Apply for this Course
- Creating objects from iron or steel by the process of forging
- Learn to use blacksmithing techniques to shape metal into a semi-ﬂexible state
- Heating pieces of wrought iron or steel, until the metal becomes soft enough to shape with hand tools i.e. hammer, anvil and chisel etc.
- The use of a forge fuelled by coal
- Health and safety practices
Note: Course places are very limited. Max 7 places. Book early to avoid disappointment.