Care Support (With Work Experience & Communications) (QQI LEVEL 5) | CC035 (24 Weeks)
This is suitable for those who wish to equip themselves with the knowledge, skill and competence to work effectively in a care settingApply for this Course
• Roles, responsibilities and entitlements of a care worker
• Role of a care worker within the multidisciplinary healthcare team
• Learn how to plan and provide enhanced quality care
• Planning and meeting the needs of the individual client
• Personal planning and growth
• Strategies to improve one’s own personal development
• Personal effectiveness as a care worker
• Learn how to reflect on relationships with clients, relatives and multidisciplinary team members and interpersonal issues that arise in care work.
These components are combined to give the learner the opportunity to develop their personal knowledge, skills and competence to work effectively in a care setting. It aims to promote good practice
and respect for diversity in lifestyle, religion and culture in care work.
These are two mandatory components of the full Award QQI Healthcare Support 5M4339. The learner must be in a Healthcare setting (employed or volunteer) as minimum of 10 days’ work
experience placement is essential to complete assessment.
Note: A safe level of written and spoken English is required – see note English Assessment on pg 11