Child Development (QQI LEVEL 5) | CC006 (12 weeks)
This programme is suitable for individuals wishing to acquire skills and knowledge of child development from 0-6 years and to promote good practice, equality of opportunity and respect for diversity in lifestyles, religion and culture.Apply for this Course
- Child Development: nature and nurture interaction; normative development; social, cultural and environmental factors etc.
- Physical Development: conception to birth and pre-natal development; capabilities of newborn child; promote physical development
- Cognitive and Language Development: intellectually stimulating environment/ importance of language; pre-linguistic and moral development; multilingual environment
- Social and Emotional Development: self-image and self-esteem; managing children’s behaviour in a childcare setting
- Primary Research in Child Development: child observations – planning, reporting, evaluation and reﬂection
Note: This programme may take place at the Further Education and Training Centre, Kilmallock Road Campus.