Child Health and Well Being (with School Age Childcare) (QQI LEVEL 5) | CC004 (24 weeks)
QQI Level 5 Minor Award in Child Health and Well being 5N1765. QQI Level 5 Minor Award in School Age Childcare 5N1781
CC004 | MON 19.00 - 21.30
This course is suitable for individuals wishing to acquire the skills and knowledge to care for children 0-6 years either in the home or in a childcare setting.Apply for this Course
Child Health and Well Being
- Safety: features of a safe environment; guidelines for outings; hygiene and safety issues for managing pets; emergency procedures; ﬁrst aid certiﬁcate
- Health: personal care routines; infection – routes / prevention; immunization courses; signs / symptoms of an unwell child; exercises/activities
- Feeding Babies and Children: balanced diet; dietary needs; feeding a baby; feeding abnormalities; healthy snack foods; daily food intake log etc.
- Nappy-Changing and Toileting: clothing and footwear; evaluate a range of nappies and toiletries; nappy changing; bath a baby; toilet training etc.
School Age Childcare
- The purpose of this component is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill, and competence to implement and evaluate school Age Childcare programmes. (See Below)
- Learners complete module: Child Health & Well Being 5N1765 in Term 1 (12 weeks)
- Learners complete module: School Age Childcare 5N1781 in Term 2 (12 weeks)
- The learner needs to complete a first aid certificate programme.