Child Health and Well Being (with School Age Childcare) (QQI LEVEL 5) | CC004 (24 weeks)
This programme is suitable for individuals wishing to acquire the skills and knowledge to care for children 0-6 years either in the home or in a childcare setting.Apply for this Course
- Safety: features of a safe environment; guidelines for outings; hygiene and safety issues for managing pets; emergency procedures; ﬁrst aid certiﬁcate
- Health: personal care routines; infection – routes / prevention; immunization programmes; signs / symptoms of an unwell child; exercises/activities
- Feeding Babies and Children: balanced diet; dietary needs; feeding a baby; feeding abnormalities; healthy snack foods; daily food intake log etc.
- Nappy-Changing and Toileting: clothing and footwear; evaluate a range of nappies and toiletries; nappy changing; bath a baby; toilet training etc.
School Age Childcare
The purpose of this component is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill, and competence to implement and evaluate school Age Childcare programmes. (See Below)
• Learners complete module: Child Health & Well Being 5N1765 in Term 1 (12 weeks)
• Learners complete module: School Age Childcare 5N1781 in Term 2 (12 weeks)
• The learner needs to complete a first aid certificate programme.