Family Law/BP074 (10 Weeks)
This course is suitable for those wishing to gain an understanding of the legal principles relative to marriage, cohabitation/civil partnership, nullity, dissolution of marriage, child law, domestic violence and the courts outlook on these matters.Apply for this Course
- Introduction to family law- discussion of family law principles.
- Child Law, Guardianship and Custody discussion of these concepts and when they apply to a particular family circumstance.
- Domestic violence- review of this concept and remedies available
- Marriage, cohabitation and civil partnership – review of these concepts from a legal and tax point of view
- Nullity – review of void and voidable marriages, burden of proof and consequences of the annulment
- Judicial Separation, Divorce and Mediation – review of the legal
concepts and what relief is appropriate in the circumstances.
- Ancillary Relief- discussion of maintenance orders, property transfer orders, pension orders and custody and access of minor children.
Note: This course may take place at the Further Education and Training Centre, Kilmallock Road Campus.