Fashion Design – Dressmaking | AC011 (10 weeks)
This course is suitable for individuals who wish to develop their skills in dressmaking with a view to making and altering their own clothes. The course is suitable for beginners and those with basic sewing experience.Apply for this Course
• Pattern drafting and alteration: how to prepare and follow commercial patterns
• How to take measurements and adjust patterns and garments to suit
• Fabric preparation: how to lay and cut out pattern pieces
• Sewing techniques: seams, darts, zips, buttonholes, hems, waistbands etc.
• Garment construction and finishing: learners are invited to make and finish a basic skirt and top of their choice