Fashion Design – Dressmaking: Continuation | AC013 (10 weeks)
This course is suitable for learners who wish to improve their sewing skills and learn more advanced sewing techniques. This course is intended as a continuation from the beginner dressmaking and fashion wear courses and it is desirable that learners would have attended either of these before attending this class.Apply for this Course
• Pattern drafting and alteration: how to draft & adjust your own patterns for a skirt and top
• How to mend/alter garments
• Fabric treatments: fusing, bonding, dying, decorative trimmings, appliqué
• Sewing techniques: concealed zips, facings, sleeves, collars, pockets, linings etc.
• Garment construction and finishing: learners are invited to make and finish a dress, trousers, jacket or lined garment of their choice