NEW Introduction to Cutting Hair/ BH011 (12 Weeks)
This course is designed to provide the participant with introductory basic haircutting skills for beginners starting out in the hairdressing industry. A strong foundation in accurate haircutting will ensure a lifetime of returning clients.Apply for this Course
- Analysis of clients and consultation with clients (deciding which haircuts suit different face shapes)
- The Basic theory of Hair and basic product knowledge, one length, layering and fringes
- Long Hair: create new shapes when working with long hair.
- Bobs in Hair Techniques: including classic, graduation, layering and disconnection, provides an understanding in how to cut a precision line when working with bobs.
- Curly & Textured Hair: cutting and working with curly & textured hair, starting from long and working up to short
- Short Hair: how to remove weight effectively when cutting short hair, deal with unruly hair lines, techniques learned and if perfected separates the great stylists from the good stylists.
- Client Aftercare: Photo shoot
See guidelines for models under Hair, Beauty & Holistic Course Guidelines on p10.