Special Needs Assisting (QQI LEVEL 6) | CC003 (12 weeks)
This course is designed to provide learners with the knowledge, skill and competence in the theory and practice underpinning the education and care of those who present with special educational needs to enable the learner to assist in the provision of this education and care.Apply for this Course
• Evaluate the provision of education for people with special educational needs with reference to current legislation
• Examine relevant theories, skills and processes relevant to curriculum implementation
• Analyse skills that can be used to aid the teacher in the administration of the national curriculum
• Explore the differences between integration and inclusion
• Organise learning opportunities in order to promote independence and responsibility
Note: It is desirable that learners have some prior certification in child development or special needs or equivalent.