Accounting Technician Ireland (ATI) | ATIX
QQI Level 5 Component Certificate Spreadsheet Methods 5N1977
Information & Communication Systems 5N1952
This 2 year, full-time programme is for those aspiring to become members of the Accounting Technicians Ireland (ATI), a professional body sponsored by the Institute of Chartered Accountants. Accounting Technicians work in accountancy firms, the corporate sector or the public sector. The ATI Programme is an ideal preparation for the pursuit of a career in professional accountancy.
Apply for this Course
Law and Ethics
Learners also take QQI modules in Spreadsheet Methods and ICS
Advanced Financial Accounting
Integrated Accounting Systems (IAS)
- Education: Leaving Certificate with five passes in Ordinary Level papers. (Passes to include English/ and either Mathematics or Accountancy) or Leaving Certificate with four passes of which at least two are in Higher Level papers. (Passes to include English and either Mathematics or Accountancy) or Learners who are sitting the Applied Leaving Certificate should contact the Registrar (register@AccountingTechniciansIreland.ie) directly for advice on whether they are eligible or Learners under 21 who have successfully completed a nationally recognized qualification such as QQI, QQI (Level 5), QCA or a BTEC National Diploma may also be eligible to apply. NFQ Level 5 in a relevant discipline when accessing a Level 6 programme. CERFL proficiency at B2 for access to Level 6 courses for those whose first language is not English Mature learner entry requirements available via the local ETB pathway Additional requirements may apply to non-EU/EEA Applicants and may be subject to full international fees (Please refer to Information for International Learners) *Each provider may have additional requirements, not outlined above.
- Aptitude: Learner Aptitude Good verbal and written communication skills are desirable. Accuracy in the use of numbers. Appropriate aptitude tests may be applied.
- Previous Experience: Previous Experience Previous experience in book-keeping and / or accountancy desirable but not essential. Experience in using web based learning is an advantage.
- Assistant Accountant, Credit Controller, Cost Assistant, Accounts Supervisor, Audit Assistant, Payroll Administrator, etc.
- Exemptions from certain modules of Professional accountancy bodies are available. Apply directly to these professional bodies for exemption details. Members may also apply for admission to Year 3 of the Accounting and Finance – Bachelor of Business Studies (BBS) Degree Programme at Limerick Institute of Technology (LIT).
- Institutes of Technology and other Colleges around the country may be offering opportunities for further studies. Please check with the individual Admissions Offices of any institution you are interested in attending or visit www.cao.ie.