Advanced Broadcasting & Media Production | ABMP
this one year full time course equips the learner with real hands on media training in TV/Film production, journalism and radio broadcasting. the course builds on the Level 5 Journalism programmes.
The course examines all aspects of the broadcast industry from understanding media theory , considering legal framework and developing production and on-air skills.
The course revolves around iMix, the college radio station that broadcasts each week in the college and online. It offers learners a chance to hone their skills across all facets of media production and offers learners the opportunity to explore their options and interests while developing key skills and enhancing their creativity.
Apply for this Course
TV and Film Production Management
Broadcast Presentation Skills
Radio Documentary Production
- Applicants must have Leaving Certificate, LCA or equivalent
- Holders of a QQI Level 4 Award are also eligible to apply.
- Mature learners (over 23) may be exempt from the above academic requirements.
- In addition applicants are required to undertake an interview to assess their suitability.
- This course qualifies learners to seek entry-level employment in the Media Industry across a range of technical and creative disciplines.
- some graduates have opted to become freelance journalists, Researchers, Documentary Makers, Scriptwriters and Film Directors.
- Other successful graduates have continued their studies at various Institutes of Technology such as IT Tralee, LIT and IADT Dun Laoghaire.
- Please check with the individual Admissions Offices of any institution you are interested in attending or visit www.cao.ie