Advanced Broadcasting & Media Production | ABMP
this one year full time course equips the learner with real hands on media training in TV/Film production, journalism and radio broadcasting. the course builds on the Level 5 Journalism programmes.
The course examines all aspects of the broadcast industry from understanding media theory , considering legal framework and developing production and on-air skills.
The course revolves around iMix, the college radio station that broadcasts each week in the college and online. It offers learners a chance to hone their skills across all facets of media production and offers learners the opportunity to explore their options and interests while developing key skills and enhancing their creativity.
Apply for this Course
TV and Film Production Management
Broadcast Presentation Skills
Radio Documentary Production
- Education: NFQ Level 5 in a relevant discipline when accessing a Level 6 programme. CERFL proficiency at B2 for access to Level 6 courses for those whose first language is not English Mature learner entry requirements available via the local ETB pathway Additional requirements may apply to non-EU/EEA Applicants and may be subject to full international fees (Please refer to Information for International Learners) *Each provider may have additional requirements, not outlined above.
- Aptitude: Applicants must have a motivation to learn, an interest in the subject and the ability to acquire the knowledge, skills and competencies set out in the course.
- Previous Experience: Applicants must be able to demonstrate a broad range of knowledge, skills and competencies relevant to the course and be able to exercise initiative and independence when carrying out course activities.
- This course qualifies learners to seek entry-level employment in the Media Industry across a range of technical and creative disciplines.
- some graduates have opted to become freelance journalists, Researchers, Documentary Makers, Scriptwriters and Film Directors.
- Other successful graduates have continued their studies at various Institutes of Technology such as IT Tralee, LIT and IADT Dun Laoghaire.
- Please check with the individual Admissions Offices of any institution you are interested in attending or visit www.cao.ie