Advanced Sports, Strength and Conditioning (QQI Level 6) (sports, Recreation & Exercise) | 6M5147
ITEC Award in Instruction, Strength & Conditioning Sessions
RLSS - National Pool Lifeguard Qualification
This 1 year, full-time programme is ideal for those wishing to further their studies, skills and techniques in sport and related areas. The wide variety of modules will expose learners to a diverse range of practical and theoretical sport and leisure disciplines.
Apply for this Course
Personal & Professional Development
Exercise and Fitness
- Education: NFQ Level 5 in a relevant discipline when accessing a Level 6 programme. CERFL proficiency at B2 for access to Level 6 courses for those whose first language is not English Mature learner entry requirements available via the local ETB pathway Additional requirements may apply to non-EU/EEA Applicants and may be subject to full international fees (Please refer to Information for International Learners) *Each provider may have additional requirements, not outlined above.
- Aptitude: Applicants must have a motivation to learn, an interest in the subject and the ability to acquire the knowledge, skills and competencies set out in the course.
- Previous Experience: Applicants must be able to demonstrate a broad range of knowledge, skills and competencies relevant to the course and be able to exercise initiative and independence when carrying out course activities.
- Employment opportunities lie in the areas of fitness/sports coaching.
- As a top-up qualification, this Advanced Award should enable holders to acquire employment in the management area of the sport and leisure industry.
- Institutes of Technology and other Colleges around the country may be offering opportunities for further studies. Please check with the individual Admissions Offices of any institution you are interested in attending or visit www.cao.ie