Applied Science/Laboratory Techniques | ASLT
This 1 year comprehensive programme provides a solid foundation in the laboratory sciences. The programme aims to provide both the knowledge and practical skills necessary to prepare learners for further studies leading to a career in science.
Apply for this Course
Safety & Health at Work
Anatomy and Physiology
- Applicants must have Leaving Certificate, LCA or equivalent.
- Holders of a QQI Level 4 Award are also eligible to apply.
- Mature learners (over 23) may be exempt from the above academic requirements.
- In addition applicants will have to undertake an interview.
- Award holders will have the knowledge, skills and competencies necessary to access Science-based programmes.
- Progression opportunities at Level 6 to 9 exist in a wide range of employment areas such as Agriculture, Biotechnology, Environmental Science, General Science, Medical Science, Food Science & nutrition, Pharmaceutical and Sports Science.
- Alternatively, learners may seek employment in companies and projects requiring an aptitude for science.
- Successful learners may pursue science based courses leading to apprenticeships, certificated, diplomas or degrees in a variety of Further Education & Training Centres or in Institutes of Technology and in Universities. Please check with the individual admissions offices of any institution you are interested in attending or visit www.cao.ie.