Arts, Culture & History (Cultural & Heritage Studies) | 5M2154
This is a programme for those who wish to acquire an in-depth knowledge of local history, European folklore, ethnology, culture and heritage. Writing skills for journalism are all taught, topped off with word processing skills. Employment opportunities would arise in the tourism industry and beyond.
Apply for this Course
Writing Skills for Journalism
- Education: NFQ Level 4 or equivalent when accessing a Level 5 programme. CERFL proficiency at B2 for access to Level 5 courses for those whose first language is not English Mature learner entry requirements available via the local ETB pathway Additional requirements may apply to non-EU/EEA Applicants and may be subject to full international fees (Please refer to Information for International Learners) *Each provider may have additional requirements, not outlined above.
- Aptitude: Applicants must have a motivation to learn, an interest in the subject and the ability to acquire the knowledge, skills and competencies set out in the course.
- Previous Experience: Applicants must be able to demonstrate a moderate range of knowledge, skills and competencies relevant to the course, be able to work with responsibility and demonstrate the ability to work on their own initiative.
- Positions in tourist attractions, in research and many other areas.
- Institutes of Technology and other Colleges around the country may be offering opportunities for further studies. Please check with the individual Admissions Offices of any institution you are interested in attending or visit www.cao.ie. This qualification may entitle learners to apply for Arts Degree programmes at 3rd Level.