Broadcast Journalism & Media Studies | BJMS
This 1 year, full-time programme provides an introduction to all aspects of radio broadcasting and journalism. The broadcasting industry is an exciting one, attracting people who are confident communicators with an interest in pursuing a career that is both varied and interesting. The College has made a significant investment in equipping two state-of-theart radio studios, resulting in a particularly well-resourced programme
Apply for this Course
Research Skills for Journalism
Technical Skills for Journalism
Image Processing/Desktop Publishing (InDesign)
- Education: NFQ Level 4 or equivalent when accessing a Level 5 programme. CERFL proficiency at B2 for access to Level 5 courses for those whose first language is not English Mature learner entry requirements available via the local ETB pathway Additional requirements may apply to non-EU/EEA Applicants and may be subject to full international fees (Please refer to Information for International Learners) *Each provider may have additional requirements, not outlined above.
- Aptitude: Applicants must have a motivation to learn, an interest in the subject and the ability to acquire the knowledge, skills and competencies set out in the course.
- Previous Experience: Applicants must be able to demonstrate a moderate range of knowledge, skills and competencies relevant to the course, be able to work with responsibility and demonstrate the ability to work on their own initiative.
- Radio Presenters; Editorial Journalists; Reporters; Correspondents; Political Analysts; News Analysts; Weather Analysts; Public Administration; Government Agencies; Event Managers; Public Relations.
- Award holders may apply for a place on the Advanced Certificate in Media / Radio Level 6 programme in LCFE
- This Media programme has direct entry arrangements with Mary Immaculate College, Limerick, Limerick Institute of Technology (LIT) and Tralee Institute of Technology.
- Institutes of Technology and other Colleges around the country may be offering opportunities for further studies. Please check with the individual Admissions Offices of any institution you are interested in attending or visit www.cao.ie