Computer Games Programming | CGPX
This course provides learners with the opportunity to train for a career in Games creation. This course specifically gives learners a practical understanding of, game engines, tools to create scripts for game interaction, 2D and 3D game assets and animations. Learners will develop an understanding of current developments in games design and development. It enables learners to develop their creativity and problem solving skills. Learners will create concepts and stories, design and produce assets such as characters and environments and code games. With an ongoing skills shortage for Computer Programmers ICT Graduates are most likely to get jobs and are the highest earners (HEA).
Apply for this Course
Object Oriented Programming
Computer Illustrated Graphics
- Applicants must have Leaving Certificate, LCA or equivalent.
- A minimum of grade O6 in English and Maths is required.
- Holders of a QQI Level 4 Award are also eligible to apply.
- Mature learners (over 23) may be exempt from the above academic requirements.
- Places on the programme are limited and will be allocated on the basis of a personal interview.
- This course will be relevant to those interested in pursuing a career in games design. Opportunities include games tester, games programmer, character and environment artist and games animator. There is also a possibility of future opportunities in software development.
- It also provides foundation skills for further study in Game Design and Software Development.
- Having completed this programme, learners may progress to QQI Level 6 6M5132 Advanced Multimedia and Web Development in LCFE
- Institutes of Technology and other Colleges around the country may be offering opportunities for further studies. Please check with the individual Admissions Offices of any institution you are interested in attending or visit www.cao.ie.
- Progression opportunities to Tech. Apprenticeship Programmes may be on offer. Please visit apprenticeship.ie and fit.ie for more details.