Computer Systems and Networks | CSN1
This course is suited to people who are logical and who are interested in hands on work with computing technology. it provides the opportunity to train for a career in providing Network Administration, Programming and Security Services and Technical Support. it gives learners the chance to build and configure desktop computers and deliver different operating systems across desktop and handheld devices. Learners enhance communication and interpersonal skills working in groups in the college PC Maintenance lab by creating a small business network and configuring the security using physical and virtual environments. This course also covers coding software apps. Around 2000 hi-tech jobs have been announced in Limerck, Clare and Tipperary over the last 2 years. LCFE is a key provider to ensure that a talent pool is available to fill these jobs.
Apply for this Course
Computer Systems Hardware
Programming Design Principles
ICT Security Policy & Management
- Applicants must have Leaving Certificate, LCA or equivalent.
- Holders of a QQI Level 4 Award are also eligible to apply.
- Mature learners (over 23) may be exempt from the above academic requirements.
- Places on the programme are limited and will be allocated on the basis of a personal interview.
- IT specialist jobs in a wide variety of organisations
- Progression opportunities to LCFE Level 6 Computer Systems and Networks/Software Development. Also progression is possible to Limerick institute of Technology, etc Please apply through the CAO.
- Institutes of Technology and other Colleges around the country may be offering opportunities for further studies. Please check with the individual Admissions Offices of any institution you are interested in attending or visit www.cao.ie
- Progression opportunities to Tech. Apprenticeship Programmes may be on offer. Please visit apprenticeship.ie and fit.ie for more details.