Emergency Care Personnel (Nursing Studies) | 5M4349
Emergency Services Training Institute (ESTI) - Fire Safety
PHECC (Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council)
This 1 year, full-time programme is an introduction to those who wish to progress on to paramedics, either in the Fire or Ambulance Services. Learners who successfully complete this programme will gain essential knowledge and skills in areas relevant to these careers. This programme will improve the chances of recruitment in either the Fire or Ambulance Service. This programme is also suitable for adults seeking qualifications to return to the workforce, as Nursing Studies, Level 5, is included in this programme.
Apply for this Course
Safety & Health at Work
Occupational First Aid
Human Growth & Development
- Education: NFQ Level 4 or equivalent when accessing a Level 5 programme. CERFL proficiency at B2 for access to Level 5 courses for those whose first language is not English Mature learner entry requirements available via the local ETB pathway Additional requirements may apply to non-EU/EEA Applicants and may be subject to full international fees (Please refer to Information for International Learners) *Each provider may have additional requirements, not outlined above.
- Aptitude: Applicants must have a motivation to learn, an interest in the subject and the ability to acquire the knowledge, skills and competencies set out in the course.
- Previous Experience: Applicants must be able to demonstrate a moderate range of knowledge, skills and competencies relevant to the course, be able to work with responsibility and demonstrate the ability to work on their own initiative.
The course design is vocational in nature.
- Those who succeed in obtaining all the certification listed above will be eligible to apply for various positions in the Emergency Services.
- Award holders are qualified to work as professional careers in social, health or community care environments.
- Universities, Institutes of Technology and other Colleges will be offering opportunities for further studies. Please check with the individual Admissions Offices of any institution you are interested in attending or visit www.cao.ie