Fashion Design & Textile | FDTX
City & Guilds 7160/7161 Level 2 Certificate in Creative Techniques Fashion/Textiles
The aim of this 1 year full-time programme is to provide learners with a comprehensive introduction to all aspects of the current fashion trade. There is a strong focus throughout the course on applying knowledge and skills practically to produce real results in both textile and garment construction including aspects of sustainable fashion. Work placement gives our learners an opportunity to enhance their career prospects within the Fashion Industry. A Fashion portfolio which demonstrates the learner’s ability to deliver creative and original responses is prepared including digital illustration and image manipulator with Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator. This course can lead on to the QQI Level 6 Course in Advanced Art at LCFE.
Apply for this Course
- Applicants must have Leaving Certificate, LCA or equivalent.
- Holders of a QQI Level 4 Award are also eligible to apply.
- Mature learners (over 23) may be exempt from the above academic requirements.
- Places on the programme are limited and will be allocated on the basis of a personal interview and a selection of applicant’s own work. N.B. Applicants are advised to bring samples of their work to the interview.
- Bridal Design, Fashion journalist, Freelance Fashion Design, Pattern Cutting, Garment Manufacturing/Alterations, Self-employment, Costume Design for Theatre and File, Fashion Retail and Interior Design.
- Institutes of Technology and other Colleges around the country offer opportunities for further studies. Please check with the individual Admissions Offices of any institution you are interested in attending or visit www.cao.ie