Legal Administration (Information Processing) | 5M2067
This 1 year, full-time programme gives learners the opportunity to pursue careers in a legal environment as personal assistants or administrators, probably in traditional legal firms or in the corporate law sector. A practical emphasis is placed on legal work and learners are actively encouraged to secure work experience in this area.
Apply for this Course
Preparation of Legal Documents
Bookkeeping - Manual & Computerised
Internet & Email
- Education: NFQ Level 4 or equivalent when accessing a Level 5 programme. CERFL proficiency at B2 for access to Level 5 courses for those whose first language is not English Mature learner entry requirements available via the local ETB pathway Additional requirements may apply to non-EU/EEA Applicants and may be subject to full international fees (Please refer to Information for International Learners) *Each provider may have additional requirements, not outlined above.
- Aptitude: Applicants must have a motivation to learn, an interest in the subject and the ability to acquire the knowledge, skills and competencies set out in the course.
- Previous Experience: Applicants must be able to demonstrate a moderate range of knowledge, skills and competencies relevant to the course, be able to work with responsibility and demonstrate the ability to work on their own initiative.
- Para-legal/Administrative positions in Solicitors’ or Barristers’ offices.
- Legal Administration in Court Services.
- Legal Administration in Legal Departments in the corporate sector.
- Institutes of Technology and other Colleges around the country may be offering opportunities for further studies. Please check with individual Admissions Offices of any institution you are interested in attending or visit www.cao.ie.