Nursing Studies (Pre-Nursing) | 5M4349
This 1 year, full-time programme leads to a qualification in Pre-Nursing. It is designed to give a solid foundation in the theory and practice of Nursing Care for those who intend to enter the nursing, paramedical or community care service.
Apply for this Course
Safety and Health at Work
Basic First Aid
Anatomy & Physiology
Infection Prevention & Control
- Education: NFQ Level 4 or equivalent when accessing a Level 5 programme. CERFL proficiency at B2 for access to Level 5 courses for those whose first language is not English Mature learner entry requirements available via the local ETB pathway Additional requirements may apply to non-EU/EEA Applicants and may be subject to full international fees (Please refer to Information for International Learners) *Each provider may have additional requirements, not outlined above.
- Aptitude: Applicants must have a motivation to learn, an interest in the subject and the ability to acquire the knowledge, skills and competencies set out in the course.
- Previous Experience: Applicants must be able to demonstrate a moderate range of knowledge, skills and competencies relevant to the course, be able to work with responsibility and demonstrate the ability to work on their own initiative.
- Holders of this Award are eligible to apply to Universities and Institutes of Technology for entry to the first year of Nursing Degree Programmes (through the QQI Higher Education Links Scheme). Universities and ~Institutes of Technology will be offering opportunities for further studies. Please check with the individual admissions office of any institution you are interested in applying for or visit www.cao.ie.
- Holders of this Award are eligible to apply through UCAS, for UK Universities offering the Nursing Degree programmes.
- Award holders are qualified to work as healthcare assistants in a variety of health and community settings