Software Development | SD1X
This course is suited to people who are creative, analytical and logical and who are interested in computers and like solving real life problems. It provides the opportunity to train for a career in Software/App/Games Development/Programming and Testing. It gives learners the chance to design and code software apps, develop websites and database systems. Learners also enhance communication, leadership and interpersonal skills in the key group project based on agile development methodologies that are widely used in industry. Access is provided to the College PC Maintenance lab that provides hands on access to configure computers across multiple operating systems along with virtual machine platforms. Around 2000 hi-tech jobs have been announced in Limerick, Clare and Tipperary over the last 2 years. LCFE is a key provider to ensure that a talent pool is available to fill these jobs
Apply for this Course
- Applicants must have Leaving Certificate, LCA or equivalent.
- A minimum of grade D in English and Maths is required.
- Holders of a QQI Level 4 Award are also eligible to apply.
- Mature learners (over 23) may be exempt from the above academic requirements.
- Places on the programme are limited and will be allocated on the basis of a personal interview.
- IT specialist jobs in a wide variety of organisations
- Progression opportunities to LCFE Level 6 Computer Systems and Networks. Also progression is possible to Limerick institute of Technology, etc Please apply through the CAO.
- Institutes of Technology and other Colleges around the country may be offering opportunities for further studies. Please check with the individual Admissions Offices of any institution you are interested in attending or visit www.cao.ie
- Progression opportunities to Tech. Apprenticeship Programmes may be on offer. Please visit apprenticeship.ie and fit.ie for more details.