Software Development | SD1X
This course is suited to people who are creative, analytical and logical and who are interested in computers and like solving real life problems. It provides the opportunity to train for a career in Software/App/Games Development/Programming and Testing. It gives learners the chance to design and code software apps, develop websites and database systems. Learners also enhance communication, leadership and interpersonal skills in the key group project based on agile development methodologies that are widely used in industry. Access is provided to the College PC Maintenance lab that provides hands on access to configure computers across multiple operating systems along with virtual machine platforms. With on going skills shortage for Computer Programmers ICT Graduates are most likely to get jobs and are the highest earners.(HEA)
Apply for this Course
- Applicants must have Leaving Certificate, LCA or equivalent.
- A minimum of grade D in English and Maths is required.
- Holders of a QQI Level 4 Award are also eligible to apply.
- Mature learners (over 23) may be exempt from the above academic requirements.
- Places on the programme are limited and will be allocated on the basis of a personal interview.
- IT specialist jobs including Computer Programmer/Software Developer and IT Project Management roles.
- Courses on offer in Institutes of Technology and other Colleges include Software Development, Internet Systems Development and Business with Computing
- Opportunities on Tech Apprenticeships and Traineeships may be offer. Please visit apprenticeship.ie and fit.ie for more details.