Sports Injury Management with Community Health Services (Community Health Services) | 5M4468
QQI Level 5 Community Health Services 5M4468
This 1 year, full-time programme gives learners the opportunity to pursue careers in the Sports Industry as Sports Massage Therapists. The Level 3 ITEC Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy is an internationally recognised award that allows learners to obtain professional indemnity insurance and practice Sports Massage on course completion. The QQI Award provides a pathway for learners to progress to higher education in the areas of Sports Rehabilitation, Health and Leisure with Massage and Exercise and Health. This QQI Award also allows progression to the Pre-Physiotherapy/Sports Therapy course at LCFE. There are a combination of practical and theoretical modules that allow for an interesting and varied years activity. Learners are actively encouraged to secure work experience in this area.
Apply for this Course
Anatomy and Physiology
Exercise and Fitness
Taping and Strapping for Athletic Injuries
- Education: NFQ Level 4 or equivalent when accessing a Level 5 programme. CERFL proficiency at B2 for access to Level 5 courses for those whose first language is not English Mature learner entry requirements available via the local ETB pathway Additional requirements may apply to non-EU/EEA Applicants and may be subject to full international fees (Please refer to Information for International Learners) *Each provider may have additional requirements, not outlined above.
- Aptitude: Applicants must have a motivation to learn, an interest in the subject and the ability to acquire the knowledge, skills and competencies set out in the course.
- Previous Experience: Applicants must be able to demonstrate a moderate range of knowledge, skills and competencies relevant to the course, be able to work with responsibility and demonstrate the ability to work on their own initiative.
- Pre-Physiotherapy/Sports Therapy LCFE
- Sports Injury Clinics
- Health Clinics
- Sports Clubs
- Self employment
- Cruise Liners
- Progression to other courses in third level sectors in the area of sports Rehabilitation, Sports and Recreation, Sports Science, Athletic Training, Exercise and Health. Please check with the individual Admissions Offices of any institution you are interested in attending or visit www.cao.ie
- Institutes of Technology and other Colleges around the country may be offering opportunities for further studies. Please check with the Individual Admissions Offices of any institution you are interested in attending or visit www.cao.ie
- BSC Psychology at WIT
- BSC Sports Strength and Conditioning at LIT