Tourism with Business (Travel & Tourism Services ) | 5M5011
QQI Level 6 Component Certificate in Amadeus 6N4973
This 1 year, full-time programme, specialising in Tourism and Travel Services, is aimed at learners who wish to pursue a career in the exciting Travel, Tourism, Leisure and Hospitality Industries. Tourism in Ireland currently provides one in twelve jobs. Learners acquire both the practical and theoretical aspects of travel, tourism, leisure and hospitality. Field trips are an integral part of the programme. Learners may apply to participate in the Leonardo da Vinci Scheme, involving a period of work experience abroad, usually 3 weeks in France.
Apply for this Course
Tourism Principles & Practice
Business Administration Skills
- Education: NFQ Level 4 or equivalent when accessing a Level 5 programme. CERFL proficiency at B2 for access to Level 5 courses for those whose first language is not English Mature learner entry requirements available via the local ETB pathway Additional requirements may apply to non-EU/EEA Applicants and may be subject to full international fees (Please refer to Information for International Learners) *Each provider may have additional requirements, not outlined above.
- Aptitude: Applicants must have a motivation to learn, an interest in the subject and the ability to acquire the knowledge, skills and competencies set out in the course.
- Previous Experience: Applicants must be able to demonstrate a moderate range of knowledge, skills and competencies relevant to the course, be able to work with responsibility and demonstrate the ability to work on their own initiative
- Positions in the Hospitality and Leisure Sector, as well as in Travel Agencies, Airlines, Airport Authorities, Tourist Information Offices, Heritage Centres, Leisure Facilities, etc. There is a Level 6 programme in this area to which holders of the Level 5 Award may progress.
- Institutes of Technology and other Colleges around the country may be offering opportunities for further studies. Please check with the individual Admissions Offices of any institution you are interested in attending or visit cao.ie.