Advanced Certificate in Spreadsheet Techniques (QQI Level 6) | CM020ON (14 weeks Online)
The purpose of this course is aimed at training the learner to design and create spreadsheets using advanced spreadsheet techniques working independently or within a supervisory capacity.
NOTE: Learners undertaking online programme must have basic IT skills and have access to the necessary equipment to enable them to undertake an online programmeApply for this Course
Learners will be able to:
• Describe spreadsheet design principles to include requirements
analysis, solution design, data inputs and expected outputs, data formats, and worksheet layout
• Customise the user interface to optimise application usability
by creating default file locations, Customising toolbars, creating custom menus, showing and hiding rows and columns, freezing Panels and using multiple windows
• Use advanced application-provided data manipulation capabilities to include logical, mathematical, text and financial functions and formulae
• Automate routine multi-step tasks through the creation, execution, & management of complex Macros
• Debug spreadsheet errors using features such as formula auditing
• Analyse spreadsheet data using pivot tables, charts and graphics
• Enhance spreadsheet usability through worksheet and cell protection, data validation, and conditional formatting
• Design a spreadsheet to meet an advanced specification, implementing a comprehensive range of spreadsheet features to produce the required outcome
• Assess the suitability of using a spreadsheet to achieve a given
• Critique spreadsheets created by others to include recommendations for any required changes.