Animation (QQI Level 5) | 12 Weeks (Classroom Based)
This programme is suitable for those who wish to equip themselves with the knowledge, skill and competence to design, develop and produce traditional and digital two dimensional (2D) animation working independently whilst under direction.
- Development of animation from Lumière Brothers to the present day
- The role of animation in contemporary society
- Trace the portrayal of drama and emotion through moving images
- Terminology of animation design and storyboarding
- Traditional animation principle and techniques
- Devise an elementary script and create initial figure and character concepts
- Ideas and plans for a moving image sequence
- Learn how to create a storyboard
- Explore techniques for creating characters
- Create the illusion of movement
- Flick books, 2D digital environment
- 2D animation environment and conversion implications regarding raster and vector based artwork
- Timelines in animation software and frames
NOTE: For this programme computer skills are necessary and previous use of an Apple Mac is desirable.