Basic Cake Decorating Skills/ Fondant Modelling | HL006 (8 weeks)
This course is suitable for those with a basic knowledge of floristry and wish to acquire a more advanced skills set in floral design.Apply for this Course
- Introduction to working with fondant – what tools and materials to use. How fondant reacts in different environments. Basic do’s and don’t’s of cake decorating.
- Rolling fondant and covering cake and cake boards, adding texture to ﬂat surface
- Adding colour using gels, lustre dusts
- Techniques for stacking cakes
- Different techniques for modelling, moulding cutting and joining basic shapes to create ﬁgures, boxes, shoes etc.
- Basic design skills to create beautiful cakes
This course may take place at the Further Education and Training Centre Kilmallock Road Campus, Limerick or LEDP Roxboro Childers Road, Limerick