Basic Small Engine Maintenance(2 stroke / 4 stroke engines)/HL044 (6 weeks Class Based)
This course is suitable for those who wish to understand the how 2 stroke and small 4 stroke engines operate. E.g. strimmers, lawnmowers and small motorcycles/scooters. It is also for those who wish to know the basics in terms or servicing and maintaining engines of this nature.Apply for this Course
Theory on the design and operation of 2 and 4 stroke engines
• Skills and tools required to carry out basic maintenance such as
– Oil and filter change, battery maintenance, checking brakes, adjusting cables, adjusting for rider weight/height, checking tyres, tyre pressure adjustment, checking bulbs/changing bulbs.
– Checking fork oil seals/changing fork oil seals, checking replacing wheel bearings.
– Replacing brake pads/fluid, bleeding brakes, replacing cables, spark plugs/adjusting spark plugs, air filter change.
• Health and Safety in a Workshop environment
Note: This course may take place at the Further Education and Training Centre, Kilmallock Road Campus.