Bookkeeping: Manual & Computerised (QQI LEVEL 5) | BP004 (10 weeks classroom based)
This course is suitable for individuals with little or no experience of manual bookkeeping and who wish to develop their knowledge and skills to record transactions in a manual and computerised bookkeeping environment, especially within a small business.Apply for this Course
• Preparing: sales/purchase/bank lodgments/bank payments/petty cash books & VAT forms
• Company: create and register
• Setting up: VAT rates/bank accounts/ ledgers; customer/supplier accounts; product details
• Enter Documents: sales/purchase/ bank lodgments/bank payments/ petty cash/invoices
This course is based on Sage software usage.
Note: This course may take place at the Further Education and Training Centre Kilmallock Road Campus.
Learners who successfully complete this course will:
• Acquire an understanding of basic bookkeeping concepts and terminology
• Acquire the knowledge and skills to record transactions in a manual accounts system and draw up a trial balance
• Understand the main components of a computer system, and acquire the skills to carry out various bookkeeping tasks
• Appreciate the importance of data accuracy and confidentiality in financial transactions