Exercise and Fitness QQI Level 6 (12 weeks)
· Describe the relevant aspects of anatomy and physiology as it applies to human movement
· Link between health fitness, lifestyle and wellness and the health benefits of improved fitness
· Apply the principles of training to the components of health related fitness
· Discuss the duties necessary to work in a variety of health fitness contexts
· Describe the four stages of developing an exercise programme
· Explain the reasons for warm up and cool down and the physiological effects of each
· Develop appropriate warm up and cool down routines that can be used in a range of exercise and fitness routines
· Describe a range of different training methods
· Develop the instructional skills needed to deliver classes in, exercise to music, resistance training, flexibility, circuit training and body conditioning, without supervision to small groups in general adult population
· Conduct the screening and informed consent process, to develop a fitness profile for a subject, through a range of basic and appropriate field tests
· Deal competently with adverse situations that might arise in a fitness environment from a simple injury to a life threatening situation.
NOTE: It is recommended that learners take the Exercise and Fitness QQI Level 5 module firstApply for this Course
This programme module aims to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to work independently and or in an instructional capacity in an exercise, health and fitness environment.